Thursday, February 28, 2019

Highlights from Psalm 42-72

As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So my soul pants for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God?
When shall I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:1-2

The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime;
And His song will be with me in the night,
A prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your dwelling places. Psalm 43:3

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

O clap your hands, all peoples;
Shout to God with the voice of joy. Psalm 47:1

Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
And my sin is ever before me.
Against You, You only, I have sinned
And done what is evil in Your sight,
So that You are justified when You speak
And blameless when You judge.
Behold I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
Behold, you desire truth in the innermost being,
And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.
Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness,
Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.
Hide Your face from my sins
And blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your prsence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners will be converted to You.
Deliver me from blood guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
O Lord, open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise. (Psalm 51:1-15)

But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God;
I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever. Psalm 52:8

Behold, God is my helper;
The Lord is the sustainer of my soul. Psalm 54:4

I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest." Psalm 55:6

As for me, I shall call upon God,
And the LORD will save me.
Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur,
And He will hear my voice. Psalm 55:16-17

Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. Psalm 55:22

When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man to do me? Psalm 56:3-4

I will cry to God Most High,
To God who accomplishes all things for me. Psalm 57:2

My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises! Psalm 57:7

But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength;
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For You have been my stronghold
And a refuge in the day of my distress. Psalm 59:16

My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:7-8

O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. Psalm 63:1-5

Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden,
The God who is our salvation. Psalm 68:19

Let all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
And let those who love Your salvation say continually,
"Let God be magnified."
But I am afflicted and needy;
Hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O LORD, do not delay. Psalm 70:4-5

Be to me a rock of habitation to which I may continually come;
You have given commandment to save me,
For You are my rock and my fortress. Psalm 71:3

For You are my hope;
O Lord GOD, You are my confidence from my youth.
By You I have been sustained from my birth;
You are He who took me from my mother's womb;
My praise is continually of You. Psalm 71:5-6

But as for me, I will hope continually,
And will praise You yet more and more.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And of Your salvation all day long;
For I do not know the sum of them. Psalm 71:14-15

O God, You have taught me from my youth,
And I still declare Your wondrous deeds.
And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to all who are to come. Psalm 71:17-18



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: