Saturday, June 15, 2019

Berean Playlist #8 Never Once


See my blog post: On Being Berean, Part 2 for context on this series. It's been almost eight months since my last "Berean" post. This week's song is Matt Redman's "Never Once." You can listen to it on his official YouTube channel here


Standing on this mountain top
Looking just how far we've come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You've done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You've done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Carried by your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we'll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are, You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Here are the Scripture verses/passages that I've chosen that fit with the lyrics and verses of this song. 


  • And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:20
  • You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:3-4
  • He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11
  • Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
  • I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. John 10:28
  • You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Psalm 139:5
  • Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. Psalm 138:7
  • The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. Psalm 138:8
  • But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. Psalm 86:15
  • O LORD, you will ordain peace for us, for you have indeed done for us all your works. Isaiah 26:12
  • The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
  • But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all your works. Psalm 73:28
  • We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks, for your name is near. We recount your wondrous deeds. Psalm 75:1
  • But you are near, O LORD, and all your commandments are true. Psalm 119:151
  • The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18
  • Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25
  • Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8
  • The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:1-6
  • O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure. Isaiah 25:1
  • It will be said on that day, "Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation." Isaiah 25:9
  • My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed. Psalm 71:23
  • Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he has redeemed from trouble. Psalm 107:2
  • Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God. Psalm 31:5
  • Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Psalm 36:5
  • He will send from heaven and save me; he will put to shame him who tramples on me. God will send out his steadfast love and his faithfulness. Psalm 57:3
  • But as for me, my prayer is to you, O LORD. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness. Psalm 69:13
  • Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Psalm 85:10
  • He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law. Isaiah 42:2-4
  • In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. Psalm 120:1
  • The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. Psalm 121:8
  • The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade on your right hand. Psalm 121:5
  • My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:2
  • He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:6
  • I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. Psalm 130:5-6
  • On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased. Psalm 138:3
  • I remember the days of old; I meditate on all that you have done; I ponder the work of your hands. I stretch out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Psalm 143:5-6
  • One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate. They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness. They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness. Psalm 145:4-7
  • I will praise the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Psalm 146:2
  • And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. John 17:3
  • What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long;we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:31-39
  • But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill. Psalm 3:3-4


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: