Sunday, June 2, 2019

Highlights from Psalm 119

Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,
who seek him with their whole heart,
who also do no wrong,
but walk in his ways! Psalm 119:2-3

How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to thy word. Psalm 119:9

With my whole heart I seek thee;
let me not wander from thy commandments!
I have laid up thy word in my heart,
that I might not sin against thee. Psalm 119:10-11

In the way of thy testimonies I delight
as much as in all riches.
I will meditate on thy precepts,
and fix my eyes on thy ways.
I will delight in thy statutes;
I will not forget thy word. Psalm 119:14-16
Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

My soul is consumed with longing
for thy ordinances at all times. Psalm 119:20
Thy testimonies are my delight,
they are my counselors. Psalm 119:24

My soul cleaves to the dust;
revive me according to thy word! Psalm 119:25
My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to thy word! Psalm 119:28
Give me understanding, that I may keep thy law
and observe it with my whole heart. Psalm 119:34
Turn my eyes from looking at vanities;
and give me life in thy ways. Psalm 119:37
Let thy steadfast love come to me, O Lord,
thy salvation according to thy promise; Psalm 119:41

Remember thy word to thy servant,
in which thou hast made me hope.
This is my comfort in my affliction
that thy promise gives me life. Psalm 119:49-50
Thy statutes have been my songs
in the house of my pilgrimage. Psalm 119:54

Thou art good and doest good;
teach me thy statutes. Psalm 119:68

The law of thy mouth is better to me
than thousands of gold and silver pieces. Psalm 119:72
Thy hands have made and fashioned me;
give me understanding that I may learn thy commandments. Psalm 119:73
I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right,
and that in faithfulness thou hast afflicted me.
Let thy steadfast love be ready to comfort me
according to thy promise to thy servant. Psalm 119:75-76
My soul languishes for thy salvation;
I hope in thy word. Psalm 119:81
For ever, O Lord, thy word
is firmly fixed in the heavens. Psalm 119:89
Thy faithfulness endures to all generations;
thou hast established the earth, and it stands fast.
By thy appointment they stand this day;
for all things are thy servants. Psalm 119:90-91
I will never forget thy precepts;
for by them thou hast given me life. Psalm 119:93
How sweet are thy words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103
Through thy precepts I get understanding;
therefore I hate every false way. Psalm 119:104
Thy word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
I am sorely afflicted;
give me life, O Lord, according to thy word! Psalm 119:107
Thy testimonies are my heritage for ever;
yea, they are the joy of my heart. Psalm 119:111
Thou art my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in thy word. Psalm 119:114
The unfolding of thy words gives light;
it imparts understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:130
Keep steady my steps according to thy promise,
and let no iniquity get dominion over me. Psalm 119:133

Righteous art thou, O Lord,
and right are thy judgments.
Thou hast appointed thy testimonies in righteousness
and in all faithfulness. Psalm 119:138-139
I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I hope in thy words. Psalm 119:147
But thou art near, O Lord,
and all thy commandments are true. Psalm 119:151
Long have I known from thy testimonies
that thou hast founded them for ever. Psalm 119:152
The sum of thy word is truth;
and every one of thy righteous ordinances endures for ever. Psalm 119:160
I rejoice at thy word
like one who finds great spoil. Psalm 119:162
Let my cry come before thee, O Lord;
give me understanding according to thy word! Psalm 119:169




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: