Sunday, June 23, 2019

Psalm 130:5-6, Various Translations


  • I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. (ESV)
  • I wait for Jehovah, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning; yea, more than watchmen for the morning. (ASV)
  • I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than watchmen for the morning. (NASB)
  • I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. (KJV)
  • I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning--yes, more than those who watch for the morning. NKJV
  • I rely on the LORD, I rely on him with my whole being; I wait for his assuring word. I yearn for the Lord, more than watchmen do for the morning, yes, more than watchmen do for the morning. (NET)
  • That is why I wait expectantly, trusting God to help, for he has promised. I long for him more than sentinels long for the dawn. (Living)
  • I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes more than sentries long for the dawn. (NLT)
  • I wait longingly for ADONAI; I put my hope in his word. Everything in me waits for Adonai more than guards on watch wait for morning, more than guards on watch wait for morning. (Complete Jewish Bible)
  • I have waited on the Lord: my soul hath waited, and I have trusted in his word. My soul waiteth on the Lord more than the morning watch watcheth for the morning. (1599 Geneva)
  • I wait for Yahweh, I wait and put my hope in His word. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning--more than watchmen for the morning. (HCSB)
  • I wait for the LORD; I wait and put my hope in his word. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning--more than watchmen for the morning. (CSB)
  • I wait for the LORD, with bated breath I wait; I long for His Word! My soul waits for the Lord, more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. (MEV)
  • I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. (NIV 2011)
  • I wait for the LORD with all my soul, I hope for the fulfillment of his word. My soul waits for the Lord more eagerly than watchmen for the morning. (NEB)
  • I wait for the LORD with longing; I put my hope in his word. My soul waits for the Lord more eagerly than watchmen for the morning. Like those who watch for the morning. (REB)



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: