Saturday, June 29, 2019

Highlights from Psalm 120-150


  • In my distress I called to the LORD and he answered me. Psalm 120:1
  • I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2
  • The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. Psalm 121:8
  • Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:5-6
  • Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep. Psalm 127:1-2
  • Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy! If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. Psalm 130:1-4
  • I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. Psalm 130:5-6
  • Whatever the LORD pleases, he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps. Psalm 135:6
  • Your name, O LORD, endures forever, your renown, O LORD, throughout all ages. Psalm 135:13
  • On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased. Psalm 138:3
  • The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. Psalm 138:8
  • O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Psalm 139:1-5
  • For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13-16
  • Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips! Psalm 141:3
  • I remember the days of old; I meditate on all that you have done; I ponder the work of your hands. I stretch out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Psalm 143:5-6
  • Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable. Psalm 145:2-3
  • One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. Psalm 145:4
  • The LORD is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The LORD is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made. Psalm 145:8-9
  • Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations. Psalm 145:13
  • The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18
  • He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
  • Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD! Psalm 150:6




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: