Tuesday, December 29, 2020

12. KJV Bible


KJV Everyday Study Bible. 2018. Holman Bible Publishers. 1888 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In 2020 I set out to read the Bible--in the King James translation--using the the daily M'Cheyne (Robert Murray M'Cheyne) plan. The plan has you read four chapters each day. You go through most of the Old Testament--excepting Psalms--once. (Psalms you read twice). And you read through the New Testament twice. 

I printed out a lovely chart that turned out to have MISTAKES. But I stuck with the original print out. It wasn't until I started rereading the New Testament that I noticed the plan was off from the actual-actual M'Cheyne plan. I had signed up for an email devotional and I noticed that their readings were different than mine. Since the print out and sign up for the emails were from the same site, I can only assume at some point in the year they caught their mistake(s) and fixed it. But if they let anyone know about it so they could reprint their sheets--they sure were quiet about it!!!! 

I knew I wanted to read the plan using the King James Version. I wasn't sure at the start of the year *which* Bible I would use. I have many KJV bibles. Many, many, many. I ended up going with the Everyday Study Bible. I didn't read the notes--though I read some book introductions. I liked the layout of this one. It didn't have the text broken up into SYLLABLES. (which I am not a fan of in the KJV or in any translation). It was black letter and not red letter. It was paragraph, not verse by verse. It was double column. 

The size of the font was good--not great, not horrible. But the notes were teeny teeny teeny tiny. I couldn't have read them even if I wanted to. 

For bookmarks I used four rectangles cut from CHRISTMAS WRAPPING PAPER. I really enjoyed seeing the happy candy cane stripes every day throughout the year. And since it was a thick wrapping paper, it held up better than regular paper. 




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: