Thursday, December 31, 2020

2021 Bible Reading Goals


Year-Long Project. I have decided to try this one (again). I don't know how many months I did in this before giving it up the first time. (But that would have been ten years ago or so!) I am going to be using the New American Standard Bible. Right now all my bookmarks are in the NASB Giant Print Reference Bible. But. I have been known to keep the same translation but change Bibles as I go until I find the right "fit" for me. 

This plan isn't Genesis to Revelation in one year. I know Proverbs, and Acts are covered twelve times. And other books will likely repeat several times. 

  • List 1 is 89 days (Matthew, Mark, Luke John). [Total guess around 4 times]
  • List 2 is 187 days (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy) [Total guess 2 times, esp. if I read two chapters a few days towards the end]
  • List 3 is 78 days (Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Hebrews) [Total guess around 4 to 5 times]
  • List 4 is 65 days (1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, James, 1 and 2 Peter, 1 and 2 and 3 John, Jude, Revelation) [Total guess around 5 to 6 times]
  • List 5 is 62 days (Job, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon) [Total guess around 5 to 6 times]
  • List 6 is 150 days (Psalms) [Total guess 2 to 3 times]
  • List 7 is 31 days (Proverbs) [12 times]
  • List 8 is 249 days (Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, 1 and 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther) [Total guess 1 to 2 times; the math has it almost exactly 1.4 times]
  • List 9 is 250 days (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi) [Total guess 1 to 2 times; the math has it almost exactly 1.4 times]
  • List 10 is 28 days (Acts) [12 times]

Bible in 90 Days. I'm planning on completing this at least twice and perhaps even four times.

Current projects which should finish up circa early March. 


Future projects: 

I devised two more Bible in 90 days plans. MacArthur Order and Jewish Order OT and Chronological NT
I haven't decided which Bibles to use for these two--yet. I'm not even going to think about it right now. 

MACARTHUR 30 DAY PROJECTS. I am joining in the Growing 4 Life group again. And I am--on my own--tackling Psalms. 

M'Cheyne. ESV app. I may or may not occasionally read notes or book introductions. But primarily I am just going to be reading this translation on Crossway's app using their Bible plan. 


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: