Saturday, January 10, 2009

Faith 'n Fiction Saturday: Anticipated Releases


Amy's question this week is:
There are a lot of great new books being published in 2009! But which ones are you the most excited about? Please pick some Christian fiction books you are excited to read this year and tell us all about them! But just to give this a little twist...be sure to visit everyone else's posts and find some books you might be interested in reading as well that are different from your picks! It will come in handy for a fun bonus question next week!
I'm excited to be reading Christian fiction in general--2009 or not--but here are some of the titles I'm looking forward to reading:

Beyond This Moment by Tamera Alexander


A Claim of Her Own by Stephanie Grace Whitson

A Love To Last Forever (of course this means I need to read A Promise To Remember) by Tracie Peterson


A Bride In the Bargain by Deeanne Gist

A Dream To Call My Own by Tracie Peterson

How Do I Love Thee? by Nancy Moser

Love's Pursuit by Siri Mitchell

Distant Dreams by Judith Pella and Tracie Peterson

A Surrendered Heart by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller

That Certain Spark by Cathy Marie Hake

Journey to the Well by Diana Wallis Taylor

Michal by Jill Eileen Smith

A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman

8 comments:

Mimi N said...

I love your list. Tracie Peterson has such a great range of writing. Siri Mitchell is one I have yet to read along with Nancy Moser! Thanks for your list. I'll have to add these to my TBR on Shelfari.

Blessings,
Mimi B

http://wovenbywords dot blogspot dot com

Amy said...

I suspect you especially like historial fiction from your list. :) I LOVE Siri Mitchell and Julie Lessman and I'm really looking forward to some of those Biblical fiction titles as well.

CJ said...

It's an interesting list but I have to ask - is there Christian literature that isn't also a romance novel? Nothing wrong with romanance, I've read a few, but they're not my normal read. Are there Christian mysteries?

cjh

Becky said...

Yes, there are other types of Christian books: mysteries, thrillers, suspense, fantasy, etc. I just happen to like historical romance. :) So that's what is on my list. But publishers do provide readers fiction in almost all genres.

Nise' said...

How could I have forgot A Bride In the Bargain? We are anticipating some of the same great books.

Lindsey said...

Beautiful covers! So many more books to read!

Can I ask how you made the multicolored quote box in your blogger and how you made the borders for your pictures? lol I suspect I need to learn more about HTML...

Anonymous said...

Great list! I love Historical fiction too :) And I am so anxious for Julie Lessman's newest.

I love Tracie Peterson she has long been a favorite of mine :)

I will be adding a few of these to my list!

Jenny said...

Great list - 'How Do I Love Thee' and 'That Certain Spark' are definitely on my list.

Happy Reading!