Thursday, January 15, 2009

Operation Actually Read Bible: Progress Report Time


If you'd like to share your progress with other participants this month, this is the place! (Of course, you don't have to. But we're here to support and encourage one another. Never to judge.) You can share your progress in the comments--no blog or link required. But if you do blog and are keeping up with the challenge on your own blog, then feel free to share a link. You can follow some participants in the sidebar--they have permalinks to their progress pages, or else have blogs specifically for the challenge.

Janet has posted about her progress here.
Cynda has posted about her progress here.
I have been tracking my progress each Sunday. You can read week one and week two.

If you're just joining us--discovering the blog--know that you can still join the challenge!

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I updated the post on the permalink. I finished Exodus the other night. I had just read the highlights before but I found all the specs on the tabernacle and tents, clothes, and stuff to be fascinating. God was really specific and wanted only the best work from his people. I loved the end of the Book where the Glory of God would go into the tent. I don't ever remember that. It is such vivid imagery.
I think the book could be subtitled "The story of a stiff necked people." Talk about stubborn people and a very patient God.
Now I'm going to read a week or so of Psalms and then tackle the Old Testament again. I'm slow, but I'm steady! Not going to get this done in year. That wasn't my goal.

Thanks again for this Challenge.

Soozie4Him said...

I'm doing well on my OYB Plan - Chronological. I'm in the middle of Job, Genesis, and Matthew. Job is going better than usual because I'm listening to my NIV Audio Bible while I'm reading along!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm two chapters away from being done with Genesis, which I'm sure I'll finish today. So far, I'm enjoying myself and really glad I'm spending more time with His word.

AlleluiaLu said...

I posted my progress on my blog here: http://bookendcrossing.blogspot.com/2009/10/operation-actually-read-bible.html

Keep on reading!