Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ignite Your Faith Mini-Challenge 2009


Cdn girl at heart (Eat.Sleep.Read) is hosting the Ignite Your Faith Mini-Challenge for January 1 through March 31, 2009. (It will GO PERFECTLY PERFECTLY WELL with my Operation Actually Read Bible challenge. In that I hope it will transform habits.)

The rules:

Read any 3 books about religion, faith, or spirituality. These can be audio books and they may overlap with other challenges but your list can NOT include the Bible. These books are in ADDITION to your Bible reading.

My list is yet to be determined. I've got a much bigger TBR stack than just three books. But I WILL choose three for this challenge to read and review by the end date.

1. Jonathan Edwards for Armchair Theologians. by James Byrd
2. On Church Leadership by Mark Driscoll
3.Red Letters edited by Timothy Beals
4. John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God by John Piper
5.Christianity in Crisis by Hank Hanegraaff
6. Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross edited by Nancy Guthrie

Here are the pool of books I've got which could work:

Four books in the "A Book You'll Actually Read" series by Mark Driscoll

On Who Is God by Mark Driscoll
On the Old Testament by Mark Driscoll
On the New Testament by Mark Driscoll
On Church Leadership by Mark Driscoll

Two books by John Piper

Spectacular Sins: And Their Global Purpose in the Glory of Christ
Stand: A Call for Endurance of the Saints

Two books by two different Marks...

Death By Love: Letters from the Cross by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears
The Gospel of Personal Evangelism by Mark Dever

Of course, these are just the ones nearest by bed. If I were to go searching, I could find dozens more. That doesn't mean I'd read a dozen (or more.)

My list may change...but I'm committed to the challenge!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

So glad you could join me in my New Year's challenge. I'm so glad you posted your possible choices for the challenge. I'm going to research them and maybe one of them will end up on my list for the challenge too.

Keep the Faith!
CdnGirlatHeart

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your list and keeping up with this OARB project.
Paulo