Friday, January 23, 2009

Translation of the Week: Wycliffe part 2

From Mark 1

John was in the desert baptizing and preaching the baptism of repentance into remission of sins. And all the country of Judea went out to him, and all men of Jerusalem. And they were baptized of him in the flom Jordan, and acknowledged their sins. And John was clothed with hairs of camels and a girdle of skin about his loins. And he ate honeysuckers and wild honey, and preached and said, A stronger than I shall come after me, and I am not worthy to kneel down and unlace His shoes. I have baptized you in water. But He shall baptize you in the Holy Ghost. And it was done in those days, Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized of John in Jordan. And anon He went up of the water and saw heavens opened, and the Holy Ghost coming down as a culver and dwelling in Him. And a Voice was made from heavens, Thou art My loved Son. In Thee I am pleased.

From Mark 9

And He sat and called the twelve, and said to them, If any man will be the first among you, he shall be the last of all and the minister of all. And He took a child, and set him in the middle of them. And when He had beclipped him, He said to them, Whoever receives one of such children in My name, he receives Me. And whoever receives Me, he receives not Me alone, but Him that sent me.

From Mark 13

And while they ate, Jesus took bread and blessed, and broke and gave to them, and said, Take ye. This is My body. And when He had taken the cup, He did thankings and gave to them, and all drank thereof. And He said to them. This is My blood of the New Testament which shall be shed for many. Truly I say to you, for now I shall not drink of this fruit of vine into that day when I shall drink of this fruit of vine into that day when I shall drink it new in the realm of God.

No comments: