Saturday, April 6, 2019

Week in Review: March 31-April 6

Bible Reading

Did I read Revelation this week? Which translation? Yes. J.B. Phillips.

Am I keeping up with my 30 Days of Psalms, Psalms 90-118? Which translations have I read this week? Yes. RSV, NASB 1971, ASV, NASB 1977, NASB 1995, Jubilee Bible, NIV 2011

Am I keeping up with the Daily Chronological Bible Reading Plan for the Growing 4 Life reading group? What have I read so far? Yes we read in 1 Samuel and two Psalms (59, 91).

What have I read in the Old Testament this week?

JPS 1917 - 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings
My Creative Bible, KJV -- Job, Genesis 1-25

What have I read in the New Testament this week?
RSV -- Ephesians, Philippians

Other Reading

Christian fiction:

A Big Year for Lily (The Adventures of Lily Lapp #3) Mary Ann Kinsinger and Suzanne Woods Fisher. 2013. Revell. 267 pages. [Source: Review copy]

Christian nonfiction:

Gladys Aylward: Missionary to China. Sam Wellman. 1998. Barbour. 204 pages. [Source: Bought]
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. Laura Hillenbrand. 2010. Random House. 473 pages. [Source: Bought]
Saving the Reformation: The Pastoral Theology of the Canons of Dort. W. Robert Godfrey. 2019. Reformation Trust. 265 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Joyful Surrender: 7 Disciplines for the Believer's Life. Elisabeth Elliot. 1982/2019. Revell. 176 pages. [Source: Review copy]

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: